Visual Journalist for Story Maps
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively on creative projects? Do you love telling stories about important and interesting issues? Does the prospect of helping develop and enhance a new medium excite you? Join the Esri Story Maps team to create multimedia stories on a broad variety of topics. You’ll develop story concepts and collaborate with team members, developers, cartographers, and public affairs professionals to create, refine, and publish story maps. You’ll work with a variety of organizations, including non-profits, government agencies, and media companies, to generate story maps on topics ranging from popular culture to current events, or from local tours to global issues.
- Develop story map ideas and concepts to engage others in a compelling way
- Research story map topics; identify and incorporate data sources; acquire photos, video, and audio; write and edit story text
- Utilize Esri story map apps and builder functions to create innovative high quality stories and visually compelling maps and graphics
- Collaborate closely with team members, Esri colleagues, and outside partners to create, refine, publish, and update story maps
- Work with Esri marketing and press relations professionals to develop relationships with media organizations and collaborate with them on the creation and promotion of story maps
- Assist story map team members in reviewing and testing new apps and updates and in soliciting feedback from external story map users
- Lead occasional online and in-person workshops on the principles of effective storytelling
- Basic knowledge of ArcGIS and concepts of geography and cartographic design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Visual and design literacy
- Editorial skills, including an aptitude for distilling complex topics into compelling and accessible narratives
- Experience collaborating with people with a wide variety of skills and backgrounds, both in person and online
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- A passion for excellence and willingness to go the extra mile to develop beautiful and memorable stories
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top