UX/UI Designer/Developer - Virtual Reality, Game Engines, High-end 3D Graphics
Are you passionate about VR, game engines, high-end 3D computer graphics, and creating great user experiences? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making 3D GIS accessible and powerful for both consumers and experts across all platforms and devices. We are dedicated to continuing on that path and keep pushing the boundaries of the possible, and we need your help with it.
At the Esri R&D Center-Zurich, we develop CityEngine software as well as Esri’s core 3D web technologies and invest heavily in VR and game engine technologies. Join our team of exceptional software engineers to create tomorrow’s GIS and urban planning applications with high-end rendering and previously unseen interaction capabilities.
- Design and implement VR experiences for visualization applications and interactive design tools
- Design and implement VR user interfaces within a game engine
- Design and implement interactive story telling features
- Research and push the state-of-the-art of VR applications
- Apply good design practices and promote these within a team of software engineers
- 5+ years of industry experience in UX/UI development, including hands-on product design, team programming, and experience with building and shipping software products
- Experience with virtual reality, in particular VR interaction methods
- Strong sense of design
- Solid programming skills in a modern programming language (C++, Java, C#, etc.)
- Good knowledge of game engines (Unreal and/or Unity); game design knowledge is a plus
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum, etc.)
- Familiarity with 3D modeling and animation tools (Maya, Blender, etc.)
- Familiarity with GIS applications and technologies, ideally ArcGIS
- Knowledge of common web technologies and 3D formats
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
- Industry experience leading small product teams
- Bachelor's, Master’s, or PhD in computer science, visualization, human computer interaction, or a related field
- Authorized to work in Switzerland
- Smart, fast, nice co-workers (many ETH / MSc)
- Flexible work schedule
- Great, healthy work/life balance
- Part-time working possible on request
- Free food & beverage
- Competitive salary
- Latest, best working equipment (PC, Mac or Linux)
- State-of-the-art, experienced DevOps culture
- Warm, stylish, spacious offices
- Office located in the most vibrant district of Zurich (one of the world's best-ranked cities)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top