Are you passionate about creating good user experiences on the web? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making 3D GIS accessible and powerful for both consumers and experts, across all platforms and devices. We are dedicated to keep pushing the boundaries of 3D GIS, and you can play a key role in our mission.
- Envision and design UX/UI solutions at various levels of fidelity, from high-level wireframes or mock-ups to conceptual presentations, visual designs, technical documents, and diagrams
- Synthesize and summarize requirements from mixed and potentially conflicting inputs and convert them into relevant, intuitive, easy-to-use, and accessible designs
- Drive overall design coherence by providing interaction and visual design guidance and reviews, engaging in continuous collaboration with a team of excellent software developers and product engineers
- Document and present designs to a wide range of audiences, including software development, quality assurance, and product management
- Leverage and balance business principles, stakeholders, and user research while delivering customer-centered design solutions
- Scope and prioritize work across multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- 2+ years of professional web application design experience
- Portfolio emphasizing web and mobile interaction and design skills
- Strong knowledge of industry standard design and prototyping tools (e.g., Adobe XD, Sketch)
- Visual or graphic design background
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas to their essence
- Existing work authorization for Switzerland
- Bachelor's in interaction design, graphic design, computer science, geography, or related field
- Experience translating design into production code
- Experience with CSS pre-processing frameworks (such as Sass or Less)
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or GIS software in general, with emphasis in map design/cartography
- Knowledge of 3D tools such as CityEngine, Maya, Houdini, Blender, or similar
- Experience in using Agile software development methods (SCRUM, etc.)
Our Zurich team enjoys:
- Free lunches and fresh fruit
- Free coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Fun team activities
- Competitive salary
- 40-hour work week
- Flexible working hours
- Dynamic, fast-growing international team
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.