UX Architect – IDT
Put your mark on mobile and web apps that run mission-critical workflows. Help build the latest location-aware technology in a fast-paced, engaging environment and play a part in changing the way we work, live, and experience information. If you are passionate about creating and delivering modern, fast, user-centric experiences, thrive in entrepreneurial settings, and take pride in the quality and impact of your work, we’d love to hear from you!
- Envision, create, and deliver focused software product experiences for use in public safety, national security, field mapping, data collection, and other mission critical environments
- Investigate, study, validate, and understand user requirements; design for browser and mobile to meet real world scenarios
- Have a generalist approach to UX design with an emphasis in one or more of the following: accessibility, usability research, or prototyping
- Effectively collaborate with product managers, researchers, project team members, and other stakeholders to understand product vision and customer needs while validating designs through testing and customer feedback
- Help ensure UX/UI consistency across our product stack
- Stay sharp on web and native app design and technology trends to include emerging trends in Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Invest time in building "consensus by design" in order to move projects forward
- Help prepare for usability testing and facilitate active design work
- Attend and speak at Esri and other industry conferences
- 3-5 years of experience designing UX for digital products
- Hands-on experience designing with UI frameworks
- Experience using Sketch and Invision
- Experience designing enterprise software
- Knowledge of what it takes to design accessible software
- Team-oriented approach to design with demonstrated experience thriving in a collaborative and iterative work environment
- Demonstrated ability designing for users on multiple form factors
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's in human factors, interaction design, psychology, or a related field
- Knowledge and proficiency in ArcGIS, geography, and/or other Esri-related topics
Please include a link to your online portfolio or samples of recent work. Samples must demonstrate design skills and a mix of low fidelity and high fidelity UX deliverables supporting web and/or native experiences.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top