UX Architect - ArcGIS Online
Come join our design team to create, inspire, and influence user-centered designs at Esri and beyond. Your mission will be to craft and validate designs for Esri's web-mapping tool ArcGIS Online. You will collaborate closely with other designers and product development team members to enable organizations that connect people, locations, and data using interactive maps.
Our ideal candidate is driven by collaboration and the exchange of new ideas. They are a self-starter who is proactive about requirements gathering, synthesis, and iterating on designs. If you want to do innovative work with new and compelling challenges, then join us!
- Gather requirements and synthesize them into user stories that you and your fellow designers can take action on
- Craft workflows, wireframes, and prototypes that demonstrate new designs to developers and product managers, promoting usability, usefulness, and uniformity with key aspects of the current web product
- Collaborate with other designers and developers, in pairs and in larger groups, to elevate and iterate on our current design solutions
- Validate design work leveraging basic usability testing approaches and other user-facing research that elevate and evolve our team’s research capabilities
- Stay up to speed on latest mobile, web, and responsive design patterns and technologies
- Work closely with developers to ensure implementation is done to spec and good business relationships are set up for future design success
- 3-5 years of experience designing for enterprise software, or similar experience
- Working knowledge of accessibility and usability, with a desire to learn more
- High emotional intelligence; able to bring differing opinions and personalities together
- Proven track record of evangelizing the need and value of design
- Proven proclivity toward self-ownership and driving results beyond your expected duties for the good of the product and team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Naturally curious and passionate about learning new things
- Driven by personal growth and commitment to the craft
- Experience in scrum and agile development environments
- Adaptable; able to leverage multidisciplinary practices and shift focus easily in a place that values nimble responses to new user and business expectations
- Leave ego at the door, making way for data-driven empathy and a collaborative work ethic
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your design abilities and how you think
- Bachelor's in human factors, HCI, graphic design, or related field (master's or higher preferred)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top