Utility Solutions - Software Developer
Passionate about working on off-the-shelf solutions that will impact the work of hundreds of thousands of ArcGIS users? Our Solutions Division focuses on platform configurations for industry needs. You will drive results and deliver powerful solutions to product users while staying ahead of the market with tomorrow’s technologies in mind. You will engage with various cross-functional teams in a collaborative, hands-on, agile approach towards developing solutions that will enable our utility customers to fully leverage ArcGIS in their respective roles.
- Build ArcGIS solution templates and deliver ready-to-use utility-specific applications
- Create effectively coded solutions as part of a cross-platform product
- Help to influence the utility spectrum and enable users to take advantage of ArcGIS Utility Network Management capabilities
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Build software that follows industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Develop essential areas of our utility solutions including Python toolbox, add ins for ArcGIS Pro, widgets for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
- Collaborate with other developers throughout the agile development process
- Review source code for potential problems; reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes
- Assist in assessing product quality and release readiness including documentation
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be focused on user needs with strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or other mapping technologies
- Familiarity with domain experience such as gas, water, telecom, electric, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top