Utility Solutions - Product Engineer
Use your passion for GIS to help deliver utility-specific data models, applications, maps, and tools on Esri's cutting-edge ArcGIS platform. We are seeking GIS professionals, engineers, and computer scientists who have a passion for building and delivering great high-quality commercial software used by hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Your work will involve the development of utility specific configurations leveraging the power of ArcGIS.
- Configure ArcGIS applications and tools for industry-specific uses
- Provide input into product design aspects to assure our products are simple to use and provide a great experience for our customers
- Work closely with Software Development, Business Development, and Professional Services teams to define and develop solution templates and applications
- Author help documentation and/or videos that explain how to use and configure the solution
- Design and author test cases for functionality, performance, scalability, and durability; execute both manual and automated tests, analyze test results, and report results
- Continually assess product quality and release readiness including documentation
- Create conceptual models, logical models, and physical data models to support utility needs
More experienced individuals will:
- Work as the product owner, gathering requirements for the core utility offerings (water, electric, gas, and/or telecommunications)
- Craft unique workflows to cater to the utility domain
- Present solution updates and enhancements to internal and external audiences
- Domain expertise in the utility and/or telecommunications industry along with experience in applying the ArcGIS platform to solve specific industry workflows
- 3+ years of professional experience in a GIS-related field
- Experience working with ArcGIS and enterprise databases (PostGres, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Demonstrated ability to document and build GIS workflows
- Creative problem solver and a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's in geography, computer science, or related field (master’s preferred), depending on position level
- Experience in integrating ArcGIS with other enterprise systems such as work management, network analysis, SCADA, customer information, and document management
- Knowledge of utility and/or telecommunications GIS data management tools and data models
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top