Utilities Product Engineer
Are you especially talented at solving complex problems for GIS implementations? We are looking for motivated and self-directed individuals to join our development team in creating a framework for building solutions in the utilities industry. We are dedicated to solving complex problems and ensuring client success by designing, building, documenting, certifying, and supporting the software used for creating solutions.
- Influence product design, functionality, and usability for ArcGIS, especially focused on the utilities industry
- Work closely with customers and partners to identify and design key GIS workflows for utilities; certify those workflows for the ArcGIS platform
- Write end-user documentation and communicate best practices for building and maintaining utilities solutions
- Ensure that key workflows perform well in multi-user enterprise environments
- Define and develop methods to enhance product quality
- Gather and document requirements for future development based on client feedback
- A minimum of two years of experience with the ArcGIS platform using editing tools, performing spatial analysis, and creating and maintaining geodatabases
- Five or more years of related technology experience
- Experience with DBMS technology such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts in addition to on-premises solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a small, highly-skilled team
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Domain knowledge in the utility industry (e.g., electric, gas, telecommunications, cable)
- Some programming and scripting experience with .NET, Java, C++, Python
- Experience with ArcGIS for Server web applications or other web application development
- Experience presenting GIS-based solutions
- Analytical problem solving abilities
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top