User Interface (UI) Engineer
Join our team of UI engineers and UX designers and accept the challenge to discover new ways of solving complex business problems while still meeting end users' needs. You'll work with top consultants and back-end developers in our Professional Services Division to generate concepts and design solutions that are focused, unique, and innovative and represent the best in GIS business applications. Use your unique combination of visual skills and technical background to inspire design and create groundbreaking user experiences that have a direct impact on our user community.
- Design, architect, and develop innovative, engaging, and visually striking user interfaces
- Solve complex business problems and communicate through wireframes and high fidelity mockups
- Implement rapid prototypes and business application front-ends using the latest web technologies
- Work closely with software developers and consultants to ensure a working end-to-end solution
- Serve as a resource and mentor to members of the design team and colleagues in our Professional Services Division
- 2+ years of practical experience in a related field
- Proficient with web and mobile development, including responsive design and interaction patterns
- Bachelor's in computer science, human computer interaction, human factors, or graphic design
- Ability to interface with customers, gather requirements, and apply design best practices
- Solid understanding of UX methods and a keen eye for graphical design
- Experience taking a concept from research to sketch and final implementation
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations
- Proven ability to collaborate, communicate, and defend your conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
Please include a link to your online portfolio in your resume.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top