User Interface (UI) Designer & Engineer
Web architecture is rapidly evolving, creating new challenges to build responsive, interactive, data-driven applications used by people around the world to make decisions and collaborate with one another. We are actively looking for more colleagues to join us in creating the world’s best geospatial mapping and data analysis platform.
In this role, you'll craft user experiences that connect government with citizens to solve complex and important community problems. Our goal is to make open data accessible and understandable through data exploration, intelligent search and interfaces, and social engagement. You will collaborate closely with product management to gather user requirements and expectations and validate concepts through interactive prototypes and usability testing. Through this work you will define functionality and design priorities that will drive software development.
- Design highly innovative, refined web solutions from wireframes and creative briefs that are on target with the objectives
- Collaborate with marketing managers, developers, writers, and interactive teams to develop groundbreaking design across a portfolio of Esri products
- Serve as a brand steward, ensuring a consistency of site appearance via use of style guides, style sheets, and enforcement of established standards and best practices
- Stay up to date with new web design trends and technologies
- Serve as a resource and mentor to other members of the design team
- At least five years of relevant experience specializing in visual design for data-driven web applications
- Stellar online portfolio showcasing visual design for web applications, mobile apps, and microsites
- Experience carrying visual designs through to implementation in HTML, CSS, SASS
- Excellent ability to solve problems conceptually in collaboration with the entire interactive team, including writers, user experience designers, and developers
- Master-level skills with design software, including but not limited to Photoshop and Illustrator
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to ensure internal clients and colleagues understand status of interactive projects
- Ability to lead and direct the design of an interactive project, from concept through code
- Exceptional ability to present and “sell” creative ideas to influence decisions
- Extremely well organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, and able to multi-task projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment
- Bachelor's or equivalent in graphic design, software engineering, or a related design discipline
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience designing for responsive websites
- Industry knowledge of best practices and user-centered design approaches
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top