User Interface (UI) Designer
Join our innovative Creative Lab to help design user-centric technology that is intuitive, usable, cool, and elegant. You’ll work directly with UX specialists and developers to deliver amazing design that is clean, creative, and polished to further evolve the Esri brand.
Our Creative Lab is a small, stealth team of designers, writers, and strategists, working closely with the Executive Creative Director. Our job is to help promote Esri’s solutions, maps, apps, and incredible geochicness around the world. We love bold ideas, big ideas, fun ideas, smart ideas, and even challenging ideas. In other words, we love ideas. Period.
- Design innovative, refined web solutions from wireframes and creative briefs that are on target with the objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as UX architects, developers, writers, and business stakeholders to develop groundbreaking design across a portfolio of Esri products and marketing web presence
- Serve as a brand steward, ensuring visual consistency of websites and apps via use of style guides and enforcement of established standards and best practices
- Stay up to date with new web design trends and technologies
- Manage a large body of work in a fast-paced environment
- Two or more years of relevant experience specializing in visual design for the web
- Proven ability to solve problems conceptually in collaboration with the entire interactive team
- Proficient skills with design software, including but not limited to Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to ensure internal clients and colleagues understand status of interactive projects
- Organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, and able to multi-task projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment (even if it’s always sunny outside)
- Ability to make complex ideas understandable, demonstrate passion for your work, and possess presentation skills
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel
- Bachelor’s in graphic design or a related design discipline
- Experience designing for responsive websites is a BIG plus
- Be personally motivated, a progressive thinker, and an all-around team player
- Keen knowledge of best practices and user-centered design approaches
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Belief that all ideas are good (or at least worth considering)
We want to see your killer online portfolio showcasing visual design work for desktop and touch devices including websites, UI design, and mobile apps. Please provide a link or samples of your recent work. Applications will not be considered complete without this.
BONUS POINTS: Tell us what inspires you—books, websites, movies, people, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top