User Experience (UX) Architect
Web architecture is rapidly evolving, creating new challenges to build responsive, interactive, data-driven applications used by people around the world to make decisions and collaborate with one another. We are actively looking for more colleagues to join us in creating the world’s best geospatial mapping and data analysis platform.
In this role, you will craft user experiences that connect government with citizens to solve complex and important community problems. Our goal is to make open data accessible and understandable through data exploration, intelligent search and interfaces, and social engagement. You will collaborate closely with product management to gather user requirements and expectations and validate concepts through interactive prototypes and usability testing. Through this work you will define functionality and design priorities that will drive software development.
- Create information architecture diagrams, user experience workflow diagrams, wireframes, proof-of-concepts, and interactive prototypes
- Craft holistic design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements
- Validate and improve designs with one-on-one user testing and analysis
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale, and the specifics of user centered design process
- Foster collaboration and present cohesive interaction, design, and user experience approaches to a non-design audience
- Ensure consistency between the various customer-facing platforms created by Esri
- Work in partnership with business stakeholders, graphic designers, and developers to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques
- Act as a UX evangelist, ensuring others understand the value of UX activities and help develop and drive user experience strategy
- Stay up to date with new technologies and trends in the web design space
- Serve as a mentor for other user experience designers
- Minimum of five years of related work experience in interaction design, user interface design, and user experience research
- Demonstrated skill set in design, development, and research
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including business development, product management, and engineering
- Strong ability to create information architecture diagrams, user experience workflow diagrams, wireframes, proof-of-concepts, and interactive prototypes
- Ability to create pixel-level mockups and/or clickable high fidelity prototypes based on an existing style guide, using tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, or Photoshop
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team to listen effectively, to respect others’ perspectives and contributions, and to offer and accept feedback openly
- Outstanding verbal and written presentation and facilitation skills, with the ability to quickly adapt the content to the audience
- Organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, and able to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment
- Bachelor’s in human factors, interaction design, psychology, or a related field (master’s preferred)
- Experience in responsive and mobile design
- Be personally motivated, a progressive thinker, and an all-around team player
- Experience with internationalizing websites and mobile apps
- Experience working in an agile product development environment
- Belief that all ideas are good (or at least worth considering)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top