Excited about working with off-the-shelf products used by thousands of users? Want to work on 2D and 3D components? Come join our team to support real-world data exploration workflows in ArcGIS Pro including navigation, selection, time, tables, interactive analysis, reporting, and sharing 2D and 3D maps as animation videos. We use the latest technologies and patterns, asynchronous programming, and MVVM to design and develop next-gen Esri software. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced and agile team as we start on innovative new capabilities, such as simulation and animated symbology.
- Design and develop 2D and 3D components to animate, visualize, and explore spatial data in ArcGIS Pro
- Follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models using C++, WPF, and C# to build software components
- Collaborate on ican implementation designs with team members and across other teams
- Design, develop, and build frameworks and SDKs for other teams and external developers consuming our API
- Contribute to unit tests that back the quality of the development
- Work closely with product engineers to innovate, develop, and enhance visualization techniques to interactively explore the spatial data
- 2+ years of experience using C++ and C# to create user interfaces for WPF applications
- Experience building commercial enterprise software in Modern C++ (11, 14, 17) and the Standard Template Library (STL)
- Experience in asynchronous programming using the Task Parallel Library
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software in a constantly evolving agile environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
- Knowledge of MVVM application design pattern
- Knowledge of 3D graphics APIs such as OpenGL or DirectX
- Knowledge of Esri products or similar GIS or spatial software
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
- Experience with writing testable software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.