UI Designer - Desktop Apps
Join the Esri Creative Lab to design products that run the world! We are a group of user-centered designers working closely with the Chief Creative Officer and Product Development. Our vision is to advance Esri’s user experience so that we can extend the reach and utilization of location-based technology to all humans.
Our ideal candidate is driven to find the next big challenge for their design career while working in a highly collaborative atmosphere to deliver Esri's flagship desktop software, ArcGIS Pro.
This position could be a Senior User Interface Designer with more years of experience and relevant experience developing and implementing visual design strategy and design systems.
- Deliver innovative, refined, and on-target UI designs that can range from wireframes to pixel perfect
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members, such as UX architects, developers, writers, and business stakeholders, to develop groundbreaking designs
- Serve as a brand steward, ensuring visual consistency via use of Esri’s design system, Calcite
- Drive visual design strategy for Esri’s premier professional GIS product
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Collaborate with product leaders to define and implement innovative solutions
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development
- Conceptualize ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to professional GIS software; validate with user research
- Present and defend designs deliverables to peers and product stakeholders
- 3+ years of relevant experience in visual product design
- Proven ability to solve problems conceptually in collaboration with a wide range of team members
- In-depth skills with design software, including but not limited to Photoshop or Sketch
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to ensure internal clients and colleagues understand status of a specific project
- Organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, and able to multi-task projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment (even if it’s always sunny outside)
- Ability to make complex ideas understandable, demonstrate passion for your work, and possess presentation skills
- Bachelor’s in graphic design or a related design discipline
- Experience designing for professional desktop software is a BIG plus
- Knowledge of GIS a really really BIG plus
- Experience in UX design and wireframe software
- Be personally motivated, a progressive thinker, and an all-around team player
- Keen knowledge of best practices and user-centered design approaches
- Conceptual knowledge of HTML and CSS, and other front-end technologies
- Experience working in an agile development environment
We want to see your portfolio showcasing your visual design work. Please provide a link or samples of your recent work. Applications will not be considered without a portfolio.
BONUS POINTS: Tell us what inspires you—books, websites, movies, people, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Marcella C.Director, Digital Sales
Marcella helps customers understand Esri technology and how it can help them solve their problems. She ensures they choose the right mix of software, services, and training for their specific needs.
Back to top