Technical Writer - Runtime SDKs (iOS/Android/.NET/Java/Qt/QML)
Are you an energetic, passionate technical writer who has the desire to inspire other developers? Blend your passion for writing and interest in technology to develop documentation for ArcGIS Runtime SDKs. We are looking for technologists who can educate and enable our customers to build innovative mobile and desktop applications. You will encourage best development practices by writing SDK documentation, API references, and blog posts.
- Understand and explain how developers can use ArcGIS Runtime SDKs to build geospatial desktop and mobile apps
- Help define, organize, and create product documentation such as conceptual guide topics, tutorials, API reference documentation, etc.
- Engage and inform our customers through blogs, videos, and social media
- Support and interact with users at conferences and online forums
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with SDKs and programming (iOS, Android, Java, .NET, or Qt/QML)
- Experience in technical writing or documentation management
- A self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning
- Ability to understand new technology concepts quickly and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's or master's in GIS, computer science, technical writing, or a related field, depending on position level
- Design and manage documentation projects
- API design tasks for new functionality
- Work with customers and product management to help define new product capabilities
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top