Technical Writer - Insights for ArcGIS
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team involved in the development of Insights for ArcGIS. The team delivers cutting-edge analytical software used to explore spatial analytical problems. As a technical writer, you will be responsible for guiding all users to quickly find answers to their questions, from how to use the software to interpreting their findings. You will have a key role in how our software is perceived and on the usability of the software. Imagine being able to immediately find how to accomplish your task without having to ask your colleague what you fear is a silly question (yet we all want to ask it).
This position will give you the opportunity to be a driver in ensuring everyday success for users of Insights for ArcGIS.
- Write conceptual topics and step-by-step tutorials
- Innovate to ensure help is, indeed, helpful and accessible
- Define and organize help documentation
- Collaborate with the development teams to provide that intellectual bridge to customers
- Engage with the Insights for ArcGIS community through blogs
- Develop and share content that highlights key workflows and best practices for numerous industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Passion and ability to make a difference
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, technical writing, or a related field, depending on position level
- Extensive experience with geospatial and analytical technology
- Experience writing software documentation or technical blogs
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top