Technical Writer – Imagery and Remote Sensing
In this position, you'll make our users successful by creating documentation, media, and other support materials to communicate the imagery and remote sensing capabilities in ArcGIS. You’ll develop effective help documentation in different forms based on design documents and interaction with core developers, product engineers, and users in different roles. You will also verify software capabilities, identify and log discrepancies, and advocate for the user. Our imagery and remote sensing team focuses on delivering quality software for image data management, image processing and analysis, image visualization, and map production from imagery. Join us and help articulate our advanced imagery and remote sensing technology.
- Write detailed technical reference documentation for imagery and remote sensing technologies
- Write conceptual topics and step-by-step tutorials for online documentation
- Define and organize the online documentation system for imagery and remote sensing software
- Explain image analysis tools and concepts in operational workflows for a variety of applications
- Understand product frameworks and be adept at utilizing content management systems
- Establish and define user requirements; translate them into potential product improvements and new software designs
- Collaborate with core programmers on software project teams to build new imagery and remote sensing capabilities for drones, aerial cameras, and satellite systems
More experienced individuals will:
- Understand and synthesize complex technical concepts and material, and explain these in terms that pragmatic users can understand and implement
- Understand user applications and workflows and author documentation on advanced topics
- Work with product marketing to develop user facing media and support materials such as videos and webinars
- Present advanced topics at conferences and events
- 2+ years of experience in remote sensing and image analysis related technical writing
- Experience in operational remote sensing or image analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Passion and ability to make a difference
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- An understanding of ArcGIS products and online services
- Bachelor’s or master’s in remote sensing, image processing, image analysis, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Extensive experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Industry experience in writing software documentation
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top