Technical Writer - Focused Geospatial Systems
Are you an energetic, passionate technical writer who has the desire to inspire, support, and advocate for our platform’s developers? Use your passion for writing and interest in cutting-edge technology to provide customers with essential help documentation. In this position, you'll make our customers successful by creating web-based documentation for GIS software products. You'll work with subject matter experts, design documents, and run the software to advocate for the user by creating meaningful documentation to communicate methodology and best practices.
- Write conceptual topics and step-by-step workflows by collaborating with subject matter experts to produce and maintain help documentation
- Support a variety of deliverables including installed and online smart help
- Ensure documentation requirements are met for the software release
- Manage documentation throughout the development cycle
- Produce documentation that is consistent with the appropriate Esri style
- With experience, provide functionality feedback to product owners
- An understanding of documentation workflows that use HTML, CSS, DITA, and HTML
- Experience producing web-based documentation using a content management system (CMS) such as SDL Trisoft with an authoring application such as XMetal
- Ability to learn and use software as a customer would to produce the documentation based on the experience
- Understand the DITA style for technical writers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, technical writing, or a related field or professional technical writing experience focused on developing software documentation for web-based guides, tutorials, and articles
- Experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top