Blend your passion for writing and interest in technology to advance the software documentation of ArcGIS Enterprise. In this position, you'll make our users successful by improving the software’s Help system. You’ll study design documents, interact with core developers, and test software. ArcGIS Enterprise software provides powerful and reliable management of GIS services, and you can help users maximize its potential.
- Write conceptual topics and step-by-step tutorials for the Help system
- Define and organize the Help system for the ArcGIS Enterprise software and its extensions
- Evolve software product designs by turning specifications and design documents into early drafts of the documentation
- Establish and define customer requirements; translate them into potential product improvements and new software designs
- Collaborate with core programmers on software project teams to build new ArcGIS Enterprise software releases
More experienced individuals will:
- Understand customer workflows and author documentation on advanced topics
- Help define the product roadmap and provide leadership to a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Passion and ability to make a difference
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- An understanding of ArcGIS products and online services
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, technical writing, or a related field, depending on position level
- Extensive experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Industry experience in writing software documentation
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top