Technical Writer - ArcGIS Publishing and Sharing
Do you have an interest in writing technical guides related to web GIS services? Do you have experience taking geographic information and sharing it as web maps, web services, or GIS packages? This challenging opportunity allows you to leverage your web GIS skills to develop the publishing and sharing capabilities of Esri software. As part of the core ArcGIS Desktop team, you will work with a diverse team of engineers and developers to implement innovative geographic information sharing tools.
- Write software help guides for customers and develop user tutorials
- Collaborate with software development teams to understand and explain our software functionality through written documentation
- Envision, design, build, release, and support desktop products
- Implement test plans that ensure the quality of the software, identify software defects, and validate ArcGIS Desktop sharing functionality
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to establish and define requirements and translate them into new software designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services, or other GIS products
- Understanding of technical information sharing processes
- Ability to clearly analyze/describe a problem and propose a solution
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks as needed in a fast-paced work environment
- Superior initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Geography, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- Technical writing experience, preferably for software products
- Experience with software testing
- Knowledge of or experience with web GIS APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top