Technical Writer - ArcGIS Enterprise
Are you a technical writer looking for opportunities to inspire, support, and advocate for our platform’s developers? Blend your passion for writing and interest in cutting-edge technology to advance developer-focused documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise. In this position, you’ll have a hand in the developer’s success by working with teams to improve our documentation in our dev, test, and production environments.
- Create videos and write product documentation, tutorials, and blog posts
- Create illustrations and graphics to simply convey complex concepts
- Establish and define customer requirements; translate them into potential site improvements
- Work closely with developers and product engineers to advocate for developer workflows across the ArcGIS platform
- Create, update, and coordinate documentation that represents cross-team features and release cycles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, data science, technical writing, or a related field, depending on position level
- An understanding of documentation workflows that use HTML, CSS, DITA, and HTML
- Experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Experience with REST APIs
- Familiarity with GitHub workflows such as branch management and pull requests
- Experience with large-scale product documentation efforts
- Demonstrated experience with modern website development practices
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top