Technical Writer - Android/Java Runtime SDK
Are you an energetic, passionate technical writer who has the desire to inspire other developers? Blend your passion for writing and interest in technology to develop documentation for ArcGIS Runtime SDKs. We are looking for technology gurus who can educate and enable our customers to be innovative and achieve success. You will encourage best development practices by writing sample applications, SDK documentation, and blog posts.
- Develop and author user guide content and API reference documentation for developers
- Understand how our customers use the product
- Assess product quality and release readiness
- Support and interact with customers online and at conferences
- Write sample code showing best practice techniques
With more experience, your responsibilities can expand to include:
- Design documentation and manage documentation projects
- API design tasks for new functionality
- Work with customers and product management to help define new product capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with SDKs and programming (Android or Java FX)
- A self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning
- Ability to understand new technology concepts quickly and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
- Experience in technical writing or documentation management
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, technical writing, or a related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top