Technical Product Engineer – Spatial Statistics and Spatial Data Science
Do you want to join an enthusiastic team that is building tools used just about everywhere, from predictive policing to disease prevention? Do you have a passion for building great, high-quality analytical software? Use your analytical skills to advance Esri's cutting-edge spatial statistics and spatial data science. Your work will involve helping to design the next big thing to finding ways to exercise our tools to ensure quality and robustness. We’re looking for a passionate individual to help us improve and expand our capabilities in spatial statistics and spatial data science.
- Think creatively and methodically about how to break what we build using both real world workflows and simulated scenarios
- Evaluate the software and create automated tests for potential problems; investigate, reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes
- Research cutting-edge methods and applications in the field of spatial and spatiotemporal statistics and spatial data science
- Create and ship quality software by working effectively in an agile, highly interactive, and creative team environment
- Experience using Esri’s suite of software products
- 1+ years of Python programming or similar
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Confidence and the ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members
- Bachelor’s or higher in GIS, geography, statistics, engineering, or computer science
- Experience working with and creating ArcGIS geoprocessing tools with Python
- Familiarity with ArcGIS spatial statistics tools
- Experience using Python libraries such as (but not limited to) pandas, NumPy, and SciPy and machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and PyTorch
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top