Technical Editor - Analysis and Geoprocessing
Are you passionate about communicating GIS concepts and techniques to a diverse group of potential and current ArcGIS users? Are you a technical writer who wants to help Esri’s users be more productive with solving problems using spatial analysis and geoprocessing? We need your expertise to design, manage, and write content for the help system, blogs, and product websites for future releases of Esri software.
In this position, you will be working as a member of the analysis and geoprocessing team and be at the forefront of cutting-edge spatial analytics and problem solving. You will be editing and writing documentation as the software is being developed, which means you will also find yourself testing ArcGIS, solving spatial problems, and actively contributing to the overall product quality.
- Serve as an editor for a team of writers and subject matter experts
- Review and edit end-user documentation produced by the team for consistent voice and style as well as technical accuracy
- Work with the team to have them edit and improve their documentation
- Develop content for a variety of audiences and media, such as technical documentation, tutorials, blogs, magazines, web sites, and videos
- Manage document publications; ensure that documentation ready for the end-user makes its way to our various web sites and is installed with our products
- Develop deep understanding of what our users need and want from our documentation
- Monitor user responses to forum posts, blogs, and other message boards
- Challenge yourself by relying on our documentation to learn aspects of our software you’re not familiar with
- Excellent writing and editing skills—the ability to explain difficult concepts in simple, understandable language is paramount
- Experience using content management systems
- Keen attention to detail and drive to resolve issues
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in English, technical communications, GIS, or a related field
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and, in particular, ModelBuilder and geoprocessing tools
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top