Use your experience as a technical editor to help create effective training materials for Esri customers. Join the innovative team responsible for designing, authoring, and updating training courses that teach GIS concepts, skills, and workflows.
Our ideal candidate must have experience identifying and eliminating errors in text, illustrations, and tables; consulting with writers on content and style; establishing, monitoring, and reinforcing editorial standards; and editing at an advanced level.
- Edit and publish educational content that meets high quality standards
- Evaluate content in relation to instructional objectives, internal conventions, and approved style guides
- Conduct usability testing of student exercises
- Provide constructive feedback to course authors to help them improve their writing skills
- Edit text and graphics to improve clarity and effectiveness
- Edit graphics to ensure they conform to quality standards
- Minimum of three years of experience working as an editor and working with authors
- Experience editing documentation for a highly technical audience
- Experience with Chicago Manual of Style and Microsoft Manual of Style
- Experience modifying content for global English considerations
- Superb interpersonal communication skills with an ability to convey complex ideas clearly and directly
- Superior command of the English language, including rules and usage
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Windows environment and with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working in a network environment
- General familiarity with graphics software
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style
- Comfortable learning new technologies
- Bachelor’s in English or related field
- Knowledge of GIS and Esri software
- Experience using content management systems
- Knowledge of instructional design or pedagogy
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top