Technical Consulting Coordinator
The ArcGIS platform is a series of capabilities that bring together maps, applications, data, and people to make smarter decisions and enable innovation. Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation and implementation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: 1) enable user success, 2) broaden the impact of GIS, and 3) push our platform to make our technology better.
The Technical Consulting Program provides short-term, high-impact services that empower rapid productivity and promote self-sufficiency in Esri’s customers. These services consist of support in application development, installation and configuration, performance and scalability, data management, operations, and design.
We are looking for individuals who are customer oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy providing guidance to customers to help define the type and extent of services they need to be successful. Leverage your knowledge of Esri’s enterprise platform and experience with technology adoption patterns to help provide technical solutions.
- Represent Professional Services. Act as the representative in explaining services options, direct partners across the Esri organization to subject matter experts, and proactively look for ways to support our customers.
- Manage multiple services engagements. Guide opportunities through the entire lifecycle from helping develop new business opportunities to qualifying customer needs, writing proposals, managing consultants, and maintaining strong relationships with customers for future opportunities.
- Understand and engage with our customers. Discover the value of location within customer workflows and drive substantial return on their investment in our platform and services by creating outstanding proposals and winning work with strategic customers.
- Collaborate with your team. Work in partnership with Esri’s practice managers, account teams, and technical resources to identify and qualify new business opportunities and be part of shaping the future for our clients.
- Build relationships. Work with our partners in sales, marketing, and training to understand overall business activities, workflows, and customer needs to provide recommendations that will help them achieve their goals.
- Deliver results. Define and successfully execute proposals, quotes, and reports that clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform. Develop and maintain relevant systems, guidelines, policies, and templates to support effective business development and opportunity capture.
- Coordinate with technical consulting peers. Support an extended network of project coordinators located throughout the United States by sharing resources, experience, and knowledge, to ensure the success of the greater program, Professional Services, and Esri. Help identify regional and national trends and patterns for successful technology implementation.
- 5+ years of GIS experience focused on engaging others in the delivery and execution of technical solutions and service deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in creating project plans and guiding teams through successful project execution
- Excellence in proposal management including preparing executive summaries, solution definition, scope of services, staffing, and pricing
- Ability to lead and manage project teams, including consultants and software developers
- Solid understanding of the ArcGIS platform
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to learn—you must thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Excellent written communication, storytelling, and collaboration skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues, partners, customers, and management to meet targeted objectives
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize, coordinate, and complete multiple simultaneous activities
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geospatial technology, computer science, or software engineering
- A proficient understanding of the range of GIS and information management software products, from desktop to server applications and development tools
- Experience utilizing Esri-related technology in a professional environment
- Experience working in industries such as utilities, state and local governments, commercial, and oil and gas/pipeline
- GISP and Esri Technical Certification
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top