In this role, you'll design, build, deploy, and maintain critical cloud infrastructure and services. You'll be supporting and working alongside a talented cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies. You will bring prior experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevOps initiatives. To be successful, you should be personable, efficient, flexible, and communicative; possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity; and have a passion and love for what you do.
ArcGIS provides contextual tools for mapping and spatial reasoning so users can explore data and share location-based insights. ArcGIS creates deeper understanding, allowing users to quickly see where things are happening and how information is connected. Esri's Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS enterprise mapping and analytics platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: enable user success, broaden the impact of GIS, and push our platform to make our technology better.
- Be a thought leader. Advise customers regarding innovative solutions using Esri technology and content to help them make better decisions. Recommend relevant strategies, architectures, and solutions and work with customers to prepare implementation and migration strategies.
- Understand our customers and know their business. Understand how Esri's technology can help businesses be more successful. Be familiar with key business processes in commercial organizations, including retail, banking and financial services, insurance, and manufacturing.
- Enable our customers to be successful. Work closely with customers to identify, design, and certify key GIS workflows for the ArcGIS enterprise. Provide configuration guidance and best practices to customers and understand how Esri's technology enables the customer's stated vision. Collaborate with customer IT organizations to align their technical objectives and business goals with Esri's technology enterprise.
- Develop and grow business. Provide business development support toward technology and implementation patterns with new and existing customers. Collaborate with Esri's practice managers and marketing and sales teams to develop new business. Be part of actively shaping the future using advanced Esri products and cutting-edge technology including ArcGIS Business Analyst, Insights for ArcGIS, real-time GIS, and advanced spatial analytics.
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS enterprise (desktop, server, and online)
- Hands-on experience with provisioning cloud infrastructure using APIs and knowledge of AWS and Azure products and services
- Understanding of web, http, networking, security, scaling, and cloud native architecture
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate and translate a customer's business goals, objectives, and strategies into technical plans and solutions
- Be self-motivated, a proactive problem solver, team-oriented, and creative
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, multi-tasking, and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to learn--you must thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Bachelor's in computer science, information systems, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level (master's preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience with software engineering and/or robust application development principles and practices
- Demonstrable coding, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Experience with ArcGIS, location-based services, geo-enabled apps, spatial analytics, or similar geospatial technology
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud computing architecture
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.