Technical Consultant - Implementation Engineering
- St. Louis, MO
The ArcGIS platform brings together maps, apps, data, and people to make smarter decisions and enable innovation. Our Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the deployment, usage, and innovation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: enable user success through the deployment of ArcGIS, broaden the impact of geospatial technology, and push the platform to make our own technology better.
You will work closely with customers to assist with their deployment of ArcGIS Enterprise and our broad array of other software offerings. These customers represent our most challenging and technically accomplished partners, and your work will provide them with the expert advice that is essential to the success of their deployment.
Design Effective Enterprise Systems
- Asses and provide recommendations to customers related to the appropriate and effective use of ArcGIS software components
- Provide actionable advice related to system design, performance implications, functional limitations, and any other topics that affect system design
- Interface with solution architects and enterprise IT staff from a customer organization to explain and guide them through ArcGIS design decisions
- Communicate technical concepts and ArcGIS platform capabilities to technical and non-technical audiences
Implement Advanced ArcGIS Enterprise Deployments
- Deploy and configure ArcGIS Enterprise in a wide variety of environments across operating systems, cloud providers, security architectures, customer types, industries, and organizations
- Configure ArcGIS Enterprise system to meet the customer's service level agreement including high availability, disaster recovery, and security needs
- Plan and execute the migration of content from one ArcGIS Enterprise deployment to another, encompassing different architectures, deployment strategies, and software components
Assist with Technical Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution
- Assist Esri customers with troubleshooting advanced ArcGIS Enterprise deployments
- Assist with communicating troubleshooting guidance to related platform components such as storage, networking, security
Assess and Optimize Performance
- Identify performance requirements and understanding from a customer perspective
- Use Esri tools and industry standard tools to identify performance issues with maps, web services, databases, web applications, and other contexts
- Provide recommendations to customers related to performance monitoring, management, and improvement across the entire ArcGIS system
Participate in a Technical Community
- Participate in a technical community of advanced enterprise staff, sharing experiences; writing best practices documentation, technical guides, and helpful scripts; and participating in product direction discussions and recommendations
- Work collaboratively with teammates to solve difficult technical challenges
- 4+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administering enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform, specifically ArcGIS Enterprise components
- Experience with relational database management systems, including SQL Server, PostgreSQL or Oracle, including knowledge of standard SQL usage and database design concepts such as views, triggers, and schemas
- Understanding of enterprise geodatabase concepts in the ArcGIS platform, and where and why they are used for geospatial data workflows
- Experience with operating system concepts: Windows environments, domain management, sharing and security of filesystems in Windows environments, Linux system administration concepts, and general conceptual understanding
- Knowledge of networking concepts and topics such as firewalls, troubleshooting DNS entries, assessing network configuration and performance
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- Extensive experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise components, ArcGIS Enterprise geodatabases, and ArcGIS client applications (mobile and desktop applications)
- Experience with modern software implementation patterns including service-oriented architectures and cloud environments and concepts such as single sign-on authentication or mobile application development patterns
- Working knowledge of modern web technology; understanding of web servers, the HTTP protocol and methods, modern web browsers, developer tools, web proxies such as Fiddler, and the use of these technologies to troubleshoot web service and website functionality and performance.
- Administrative experience with one or more IaaS cloud platforms
- Knowledge of user authentication protocols (basic, forms, Kerberos, NTLM, PKI), authentication systems (IWA, proprietary/custom token, SAML), and authorization concepts and systems (RBAC, OAuth)
- Experience with "emerging technologies" such as IoT, big data analytics, containerization, AI/ML
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top