Technical Consultant - Advantage Programs
Work with new and seasoned organizations as a facilitator, advocate, and leader to help customers and partners use the ArcGIS platform to realize their vision and drive toward their goals. You’ll become a customer’s trusted strategic advisor while also closely interfacing with Esri staff and technology partners. Our ideal candidate will have strong GIS technical capabilities, a high level of business acumen, and collaborative skills.
- Collaborate with Esri team members to help customer organizations achieve their technical objectives and business goals the best way with ArcGIS
- Serve as a trusted advisor and advocate for customers; provide proactive advice on relevant GIS strategies, architectures, best practices, product selection, and release planning
- Understand how Esri’s technology integrates with and enables the customer's solutions vision
- Prepare and present high-quality business and technical communications
- Plan and participate in annual customer planning and technology exchange meetings
- Identify themes, trends, and practices among successful customers and share them with the broader technical consultant community
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online)
- 3+ years of project management and/or technical management experience
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate and translate a customer’s business goals, objectives, and strategies into technical plans and solutions
- Understand sound business principles and strategies
- Be self-motivated, a proactive problem solver, team-oriented, and creative
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s in GIS, geography, information technology, or related field (master’s preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with software engineering and/or application development principles and practices
- Experience in the design, development, implementation, and/or administration of ArcGIS solutions or equivalent technology
- Industry experience (e.g., local government, utilities, commercial, transportation, energy
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top