Technical Artist: XR, Game Engines, Architectural Visualization
- Envision, create and integrate 3D content for multiple projects at varying stages of development, ranging from rapid prototyping, developing high-end visual concepts, delivering performant and scalable production assets, and polishing and optimizing assets for shipping
- Collaborate with developers to advance the state of city planning and urban design software, striving for highest possible visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance; support developers by providing technical assistance, asset creation, and optimization
- Initiate and manage collaborations with external modelers/contractors for 3D content creation and review their deliveries
- Track and manage 3D content across multiple engines and media
- Streamline workflow solutions and pipelines across multiple engines and media
- A keen understanding of the state of the art in real-time rendering and an ambition to produce visually stunning 3D content (models, textures, shaders) while navigating through unique technical challenges
- 3+ years of industry experience in the area of expertise, with a portfolio/reel of relevant work
- Proficient with at least one major 3D modelling package such as Maya, 3ds Max, or Houdini
- Knowledge of either Unreal Engine or Unity
- Knowledge of the various aspects in real-time content production pipelines (mesh modeling and optimization, PBR materials, lighting, environment, post processing)
- Basic programming skills (scripting, blueprints, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail, good communication skills, and a proactive nature
- Existing work authorization for Switzerland
- Bachelor’s (or higher) in fine arts, game design, digital media, or computer science or equivalent industry experience
- Experience shipping cross-platform applications
- Proficiency in procedural content generation
- Deep understanding of 3D math and geometry
- Experience in UI/UX design for interactive experiences
- Experience in VFX production
- Experience in game design
Our team enjoys:
- Smart, fast, nice co-workers (many ETH/MSc)
- Flexible work schedule
- Great, healthy work/life balance
- Part-time working possible on request
- Free food & beverage
- Competitive salary
- Latest, best working equipment (PC, Mac or Linux)
- State-of-the-art, experienced DevOps culture
- Warm, stylish, spacious offices
- Office located in the most vibrant district of Zurich (one of the world's best-ranked cities)
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top