Technical Advisor - Transportation
Are you up to the challenge of being in a highly visible role, where you’ll function as both a technical expert and a strategic business consultant? We’re looking for people with strong technical know-how, especially in GIS, who also have a high level of business acumen, hands-on experience, and collaborative skills. Use these talents to help both new customers and seasoned users within the transportation sector develop best practices for implementing our platform to realize their vision and drive toward their goals. You’ll become a customer’s trusted advisor at Esri, while also interfacing with Esri staff and technology partners.
- Collaborate internally to help customer organizations align their technical objectives and business goals with Esri’s technology platform
- Act as a trusted advisor and advocate for customers; provide proactive advice on relevant GIS strategies, architectures, best practices, product selection, and release planning
- Understand how Esri’s technology integrates/interfaces with customers' solutions vision
- Prepare and present high-quality business and technically-related documentation
- Plan and participate in annual customer planning and technology exchange meetings
- Five or more years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online)
- Strong understanding of the overall mission and operations of key transportation organizations, such as the US Department of Transportation, state DOTs, local government, and commercial providers
- Familiarity with transportation industry functions, such as planning, traffic operations, safety, design and construction, permitting, asset management, linear referencing, environmental assessments, infrastructure monitoring and maintenance, and pavement management
- Three years of project management and/or technical management experience
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate and translate a customer’s business goals, objectives, and strategies into technical plans and solutions
- Have an understanding of sound business principles and strategies
- Be self-motivated, a proactive problem solver, team-oriented, and creative
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, multi-tasking, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s in transportation engineering, civil engineering, urban planning, computer science, GIS, engineering, or related field (master’s preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with software engineering and/or robust application development principles and practices
- Experience in the design, development, implementation, and/or administration of ArcGIS solutions or equivalent technology
- Broad industry knowledge and experience (e.g., transportation, local government, utilities, environmental, public safety, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top