Team Lead - Mapping, Statistics, Imagery and Land Administration
At Esri, our team leads are part of a highly-skilled team that promotes and sells the adoption of the ArcGIS platform on a global scale through direct sales engagements, partner relationships, and distributor contacts. We invite you to use your coaching and team-building skills as well as your experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of the national government mapping, statistics, imagery, and land administration business development team. We’re looking for an individual who inspires and motivates others and who enjoys implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges our customers face. You’ll lead a team that helps our customers and global distributors take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and hidden solutions within complex business problems.
- Empower your team. Manage the sales activities of your team by strategically leading all stages of the account management process, both domestically and abroad. Mentor your sales team through active coaching, clear direction, and regular feedback. Cultivate a virtual team of solution engineers, account managers, strategic partners, and cross-divisional resources to support your team’s sales objectives and generate results.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for your own portfolio of clients. Establish internal contacts to help enhance customer engagement and success. Build trust and rapport with direct customers, relevant partners, and global distributors.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes. Use whiteboard sessions to support visual storytelling.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform as it relates to mapping statistics, imagery, and land administration industries. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge. Support and encourage your team in their own professional and personal development.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Establish time-driven goals for yourself and your team that are attainable and realistic with clear indicators.
- 5+ years of experience leading, motivating, and coaching a team
- Understanding of GIS; the ArcGIS platform; and mapping, statistics, imagery, and land administration industries as they relate to one another
- Demonstrated knowledge of the mapping, statistics, imagery, and land administration industries and new technology trends and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- Experience creating and managing sales and development plans at multiple levels with the gumption to know when to include additional internal team members, strategic partners, and global distributors
- Expert in negotiating, presenting, and visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
- Understanding of the national government’s fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience providing platform solutions to public sector clients
- International business development experience managing complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top