Team Lead - Local Government
As a member of the Business Development Division, you will work collaboratively with an account team to sell and promote adoption of Esri’s ArcGIS platform within local government. As a leader within Business Development, you will ensure the success of your team through effective coaching, supporting, and strategically participating in all stages of the sales life cycle. When executing these strategies, you will utilize your experience in enterprise sales to help customers leverage geospatial information and technology to achieve their business goals.
- Prospect and develop opportunities to partner with key stakeholders to envision, develop, and implement a location strategy for local government clients
- Develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities for business growth
- Demonstrate a thoughtful understanding of insightful industry knowledge and how GIS applies to initiatives, trends, and triggers
- Successfully execute the account management process including account prioritization, account resourcing, and account planning
- Effectively utilize and leverage the CRM to manage opportunities and drive the buying process
- Manage and direct sales activities and staff through effective coaching, supporting, and strategically participating in all stages of the account management and sales process
- Lead, develop, and mentor an accountable, empowered, and results-oriented professional sales team through clear direction and regular feedback
- Orchestrate an effective virtual team of solution engineers, strategic partners, and cross-divisional resources to support the business plan and sales strategy for the state and local government industry
- Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge of the state and local government industry
- Support visual story telling through effective whiteboard sessions
- Five or more years of enterprise sales experience providing platform solutions to businesses
- Five or more years’ experience managing and leading a sales team.
- Demonstrated experience to lead executive engagements and manage the sales cycle to provide services and sell to the state and local government agencies
- High level of collaboration and teaming skills to motivate and inspire the sales team
- Ability to adapt to new technology trends and translate them into solutions that address customer needs
- Excellent presentation, whiteboarding, and negotiation skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
- Experience executing insight selling methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding and mitigation of competitive threats
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize your activities
- Knowledge of the state and local government fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycle
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience, depending on position level
- Understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it relates to the state and local government industry
- Experience working within the state and local government industry
- Experience working with GIS
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Results oriented; ability to write and craft smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clear lead indicators
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top