Team Lead - Intelligence
At Esri, our team leads are part of a highly-skilled team that promotes and sells the adoption of the ArcGIS platform. We invite you to use your coaching and team-building skills, as well as your experience with geospatial technology, to become an integral part of our leadership presence in our St Louis and Denver regions. We’re looking for individuals who inspire and motivate others and who enjoy implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges our customers face. You’ll lead a team of business development professionals that help our customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and solutions hidden within complex business problems.
- Empower your team. Manage the sales activities of your team by strategically leading the direction of the account management process. Mentor your sales team through active coaching, clear direction, and regular feedback. Cultivate a virtual team of account managers, solution engineers, strategic partners, and cross-divisional resources to support your team’s sales objectives and generate results.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for your own portfolio of clients. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes. Use whiteboard sessions to support visual storytelling.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform as it relates to the intelligence community. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge. Support and encourage your team in their own professional and personal development.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Establish time-driven goals for yourself and your team that are attainable and realistic with clear indicators.
- 5+ years’ experience leading, motivating, and coaching a team
- Understanding of GIS, the ArcGIS platform, and the intelligence community as they relate to one another
- Demonstrated knowledge of the intelligence community, new technology trends, and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- Expert in negotiating, presenting, and visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
- Understanding of the national government fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience providing platform solutions to businesses
- Experience in managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top