Team Lead - Defense
For this role, you will need to be eager to play a more visible role as a leader within the C-Suite arena, internally and externally. You will be responsible for overseeing all current and prospective accounts in US Defense (DoD) Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance via your own account portfolio as well as your team’s success. You will need to have exceptional, transparent communication skills, a dedication to collaborating within a team-like sales environment, experience focusing on short-term/long-term and opportunistic sales goals and, above all else, a desire to sustain a culture of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Develop, align, communicate, and execute team objectives which support industry, sector, and corporate growth and business priorities
- Maintain detailed understanding of account level activities to appropriately set priorities, align necessary resources, proactively manage challenges, and drive successful outcomes within the defense community
- Develop technical and business alignment with Esri business units (Professional Services, Training, Dev, Solutions, Marketing) and external companies and partners
- Effectively communicate with Esri and customer senior leadership to provide concise information relating to internal business matters as well as strategic customer engagements
- Create and sustain a culture of integrity, trust, collaboration, and teamwork while ensuring accountability for results
- Coach and mentor staff in areas such as Esri’s sales process, identification of prospects and opportunities, opportunity pursuit, enterprise agreements, and complex pre- and post-sale scenarios within complex customer environments
- Support your team in developing and executing near, mid-, and long-term account planning, action plans, and pipeline development
- 5+ years of successful enterprise account planning and management
- Deep understanding and connections within the US Defense (DoD) Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance space
- Working knowledge of the ArcGIS platform and how it is implemented as an enterprise solution
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Understanding of the DoD budget cycle and acquisition processes
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50%
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, or a related field
- Understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it relates to the defense community
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Results oriented; ability to write and craft smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clear lead indicators
- Interest in coaching or mentoring colleagues in a team environment
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top