Systems Engineer - Cloud & DevSecOps
- Redlands, CA
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated, and experienced systems engineer to help support the public cloud and enhance DevSecOps practices to automate workflows for the enterprise. If you are looking to take on a role that will give you the ability to build and implement solutions with cutting-edge technology, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Design, implement, and maintain operational components in public clouds such as AWS, Azure, and GCP as well as private cloud
- Create tools and processes that enhance operational workflows
- Work closely with operational teams to improve workflows around cloud infrastructure
- Build and maintain monitoring, alerting, and trending operational tools in the cloud
- Respond to alerts; troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Be proactive in recognizing and handling uptime and performance challenges
- Perform automating using infrastructure as a code
- Automate self-provisioning of resources and services for cloud and on-premise
- Configure and deploy containerized micro-service components
- Troubleshoot the system and provide root cause analysis
- Provide rotational 24/7 on-call technical support
- 2+ years of cloud operations or DevOps engineering experience
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience working in public cloud environments, preferably in AWS or Azure
- Ability to write code in Go/Python for infrastructure scripting
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible
- Strong understanding of build/automation systems such as Jenkins
- Strong knowledge and experience with Git
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Ability to automate workflows via scripting for self service
- Bachelor's in computer science, engineering, or a related subject
- Familiarity with HashiCorp tools such as Terraform and Packer
- Work experience with Linux containers (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Ability to share your expertise through documentation
- Experience working with APIs (REST, SOAP, GraphQL)
- Familiarity with self service capabilities of ServiceNow
- AWS certifications are a big plus
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top