Support Specialist - Data Management
- Redlands, CA
Great software requires hard work by incredibly smart people. Esri Support Services has developed an identity by making sure that we're helpful whenever there is a need. As a Support Specialist, you will connect with people to understand their goals and support their quest to impact the world around them positively. Being proactive and resourceful, you will be able to innovate new and creative solutions to solve our most challenging issues internally and externally while working in a dynamic and high performing environment. Be part of a team that provides world-class technical support, ensuring our customers achieve success and make effective, smart geospatial decisions all around the globe.
- Provide high-quality technical support and customer service to Esri end users through effective communication and efficient troubleshooting
- Resolve technical issues related to Esri developer products
- Maintain comprehensive case documentation in customer relationship management (CRM) system
- As a Subject Matter Expert, author and tech edit knowledge articles available to internal and external users
- Identify issues and log defects for software improvements
- Work in other technical areas of software support as customer and business needs require
- Bachelor’s in GIS, geography, environmental science, computer science, management information systems, or other relevant field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Desktop
- Experience with geodatabase versioning and replication, utility networks, geometric network, parcel fabric, and/or ArcGIS Workflow Manager
- Experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS) including Oracle, SQL Server, and/or PostgreSQL
- Excellent customer service, troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to patiently communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Fluent in English with proficient written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong prioritization skills including managing time and work load efficiently
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, process large amounts of information, and adapt to a changing work environment
- Background in software support or technical customer service with direct end user contact
- Experience serving as a database administrator (DBA)
- Familiarity with database administration tasks such as performing backups and restores, creating users, configuration and tuning, and diagnostic tracing
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top