Support Analyst - Database
Do you have a unique combination of collaborative, technical, and customer service skills? Learn about the latest Esri technology in this consultative support role while providing timely, expert assistance to our users by phone, e-mail, and chat. Join the team whose mission is to continue Esri’s long standing commitment of supporting and responding to our user community.
- Provide high-quality technical support and customer service to Esri end users through effective communication and efficient troubleshooting
- Resolve technical issues related to enterprise geodatabases using Esri tools and other related technologies
- Maintain comprehensive case documentation in customer relationship management (CRM) system
- As a subject matter expert, author and tech edit knowledge articles available to internal and external users
- Identify issues and log defects for software improvements
- Work in other technical areas of software support as customer and business needs require
- Proficient written and verbal communication abilities with a strong grasp of the English language including grammar, punctuation, and consistency
- Ability to patiently communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Theoretical knowledge or experience in geodatabase versioning and replication, Geometric Network, Parcel Fabric, and/or ArcGIS Workflow Manager
- Demonstrated experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS) including Oracle, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL
- Prior customer service experience including excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, retain large amounts of information, and adapt to a changing work environment
- Strong prioritization skills including managing time and work load efficiently
- Bachelor’s in GIS, geography, environmental science, computer science, management information systems, or other relevant field, depending on position level (master's preferred)
- Experience serving as a database administrator (DBA) or background in the use of geodatabase creation, editing, and management
- Familiarity with database administration tasks such as performing backups and restores, creating users, configuration and tuning, and diagnostic tracing
- Knowledge of Linux, UNIX, and Windows operating systems; Python scripting; Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Knowledge of ArcGIS for Server and ArcGIS Desktop
- Background in software support or technical customer service with direct end user contact
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top