Support Analyst - Database
Do you have a unique combination of collaborative, technical, and customer service skills? Learn about the latest Esri technology in this consultative support role while providing timely, expert assistance to our users by phone, e-mail, and chat. Join the team whose mission is to continue Esri’s long standing commitment of supporting and responding to our user community.
- Provide high-quality technical support to end users of Esri software to effectively diagnose and resolve incidents, while making a positive impression
- Work well in a high energy, fast paced, enthusiastic, positive, and collaborative culture
- Identify, understand, and articulate solutions for customer issues by means of ArcGIS knowledge including ArcGIS Desktop, geodatabase, and related technologies
- As the Subject Matter Expert, document technical issues via incident tracking which involves authoring, technical editing, and publishing of Knowledge Base articles as well as authoritative online content
- Develop and create documentation used to partner with software development teams to troubleshoot issues and evaluate solutions
- Interpret user issues to determine or recommend software changes to product engineers
- Escalate more complex customer technical issues to senior level support colleagues
- Work in other technical areas of software support as customer and business needs require
- Solid understanding of GIS theory and applications and/or demonstrated experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including Oracle, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL
- Excellent customer service, troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication abilities with a strong grasp of the English language including grammar, punctuation, and consistency
- Ability to patiently communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Proven record of multitasking while managing time and work load wisely
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, retain large amounts of information, and adapt to a changing work environment
- Bachelor’s in GIS, geography, environmental science, computer science, management information systems, or other relevant field, depending on position level
- Background in software support or technical customer service with direct end user contact
- Experience with ArcGIS geodatabase technology in a multi-user environment
- Experience serving as a database administrator (DBA) or background in the use of geodatabase creation, editing, and management
- Familiarity with database administration tasks such as performing backups and restores, creating users, configuration and tuning, and diagnostic tracing
- Experience with systems administration and troubleshooting multiple operating systems
- Knowledge of Linux, UNIX, and Windows operating systems; Python scripting; ArcCatalog; ArcGIS Enterprise; Structured Query Language (SQL); PL/SQL; MySQL; backup/recover; geoprocessing; data analysis; and system implementation/deployment
- Master’s in GIS, geography, environmental science, computer science, management information systems, or other relevant field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top