Student Assistantship - 2019 User Conference
What's cool about being an Esri User Conference student assistant? Well first, you get a behind-the-scenes look at the many different components that make up the UC. Second, during your time off you can attend sessions and social events, learn about the growing diversity of Esri's products and the latest GIS trends, and explore beautiful San Diego!
Students help Esri staff with attendee registration, technical session monitoring, conference logistics, and the Esri Store.
What's in it for you?
- Full registration to the conference
- Hotel accommodations
- Per diem allowance for meals (you only pay for your travel and personal expenses)
- The latest updates in GIS technology
- A chance to surround yourself with like-minded GIS users/professionals
- Professional connections that may potentially lead to career opportunities in GIS
Student assistantships are open to graduate students and fourth-year undergraduate students who are also
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Familiar with GIS software and geospatial applications
- Available to arrive in San Diego Friday, July 5, 2019 and work through Friday, July 12, 2019
To be considered, your application must include:
- A cover letter detailing your academic interest in GIS and what you hope to gain from this experience.
- A phone number and e-mail address where you can be contacted through July 2019. Please be sure this information is on your résumé.
- One letter of reference, preferably from a professor. You may submit it with your application; however, we suggest having it e-mailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted by April 4, 2019
Selected students will be notified by April 19, 2019
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top