StreetMap Premium Product Engineer
Want to contribute to the optimization of street data behind your firewall? StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS provides enriched street data that powers high-quality cartographic maps, accurate geocoding, and optimized routing in ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Enterprise.
In this role, you'll be responsible for designing, developing, and testing the StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS data product line used to support the ArcGIS platform. You’ll work with a team of exceptional geographic content engineers, geospatial analysts, and developers around the world who design, build, and release a rich collection of geographic data and services and other GIS content for our user community.
- Perform StreetMap Premium data product release testing, including both automated and manual testing; monitor the functional requirements for base mapping, address locators, and network datasets on desktop, server, and mobile configurations
- Perform testing and quality assurance on StreetMap Premium data products, including maintenance and updating of production and testing procedures, as well as managing, tracking, and reporting software and data issues and user feedback
- Support StreetMap Premium data product releases
- Investigate software and data issues and user feedback, communicating with the StreetMap Premium development team and other teams within Esri as necessary
- Gather additional StreetMap Premium requirements by communicating with the development team, ArcGIS Content team, other Esri staff and distributors, and Esri users; serve as technical manager on these projects, providing guidance regarding StreetMap Premium requirements and facilitating communication between teams
- Perform and design data processing procedures and\or ETL tools to support third party data schema conversion into the StreetMap Premium data product formats
- Provide additional support to key customers regarding issues with the StreetMap Premium data products (mapping, geocoding, routing functionality), including investigation of specific issues, communication through email, and status meetings
- Support updates to the StreetMap Premium product release notes, help documentation, and other product related documentation
- Support Customer Service with licensing updates and occasional training for each StreetMap Premium product release, including features and functionality
- At least one year of experience with recent Esri ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Enterprise software, especially with cartography, geocoding with locators, and using the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension
- Ability to perform data processing procedures using ArcGIS Desktop
- Ability to use ArcGIS Enterprise software on Windows and Linux operating systems to publish and test mapping, geocoding, and routing services
- Hands-on experience with Triage and\or StarTeam (or similar bug tracking system)
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, including the ability to define problems, collect and analyze information, and draw valid conclusions
- Experience with software testing and data quality control
- Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to plan and organize tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently and also effectively as a member of a team
- Experience with customer interaction
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat or other graphic packages such as SnagIt
- Bachelor's in information technology, GIS, transportation, engineering, geography, natural resources, or related discipline, depending on position level
- Experience working with ArcGIS Desktop (including ArcGIS Pro), ArcGIS Enterprise, and ArcGIS Online technology
- Hands-on experience with StreetMap Premium data, including the locators and network datasets
- Experience working with different ArcGIS Enterprise configurations, such as Linux
- Experience writing technical documentation, such as help documentation or product release notes
- Experience testing web services (SOAP and REST)
- Programming with Python and model builder
- Experience working with Scrum
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top