Story Maps Product Engineer
You are energetic, motivated, and eager to be a key member of a team who builds apps that help people around the world tell compelling stories.
In your role of product engineer, you will work directly with software developers to ensure deadlines are met and act as the voice of the customer in support of Esri’s storytelling applications. You'll also help customers get great results with these apps through interacting with them via demonstrations, conference workshops, and web communities.
Story maps are Esri's increasingly popular suite of web apps that enable people to tell stories by combining maps with narrative, images, and other media. We are looking for exceptional people to help us look beyond the traditional uses of GIS and continue to reach new audiences with Esri software.
The story maps team sees great opportunities to expand the use of these apps to new audiences, including journalists, web developers, and communications professionals, so this is a great time to join us!
- Design and deliver responsive, high-quality, web apps that provide innovative capabilities for telling stories with maps and media
- Evaluate and provide feedback on app designs
- Collaborate with Esri developers to ensure they understand goals and end user requirements
- Define and implement robust test workflows
- Assess product quality and release readiness
- Author user documentation, blogs, and tutorials that promote customer success
- Communicate with customers to resolve issues and help them make great stories
- Deliver demonstrations and technical workshops
More experienced individuals will:
- Understand user workflows and improve the delivery process
- Assist with implementation designs and product architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills with proven ability to deliver work, in teams or individually
- A passion for quality, a detail-oriented personality, and a focus on driving efficient results
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Experience with project management and release of commercial software products
- Interest in or knowledge of storytelling skills such as visual communication, photography, travel, video, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top