Story Maps Application Developer
Do you want to create innovative web and mobile applications? Do you want the ability to enable thousands, and potentially millions, to create and consume sophisticated, geography-based multimedia narratives? As a Story Map Developer at Esri, you will build on the success of a highly-motivated team, collaborate to enhance existing apps, develop new storytelling apps and user experiences, and integrate a suite of apps into a unified program. You’ll also support in leading a team of focused developers and have a significant impact on bringing maps and users together for an immersive experience.
- Design and develop focused, storytelling web apps meeting the requirements of a broad range of users
- Design responsive and intuitive user interfaces for mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Develop reusable components and document technical guidelines, processes, and best practices
- Identify and leverage the latest technologies and methodologies
- Collaborate with product engineers and UI/UXP designers
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Support overall content by leading a team of web developers in an Agile environment
- Help extend the ArcGIS platform to serve new, broader audiences
- Five or more years of commercial software development experience
- Two or more years of experience mentoring or leading a team
- Fluent in, and passionate about, web development patterns, framework, and tooling
- Applied knowledge of design patterns
- A commitment to excellent user experience and interface design
- Effective time management, organizational, collaborative, and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
- Experience with Agile methodology and continuous software delivery
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top