State & Local Government Regional Office Manager
At Esri, our regional sales managers provide executive leadership to our regional staff, directly manage a team of business development professionals, engage with our user communities, and uphold Esri’s culture and mission within their region. We invite you to use your proven sales and management success to impact our regional business activities as a key leader in our regional office. We’re looking for individuals who inspire and motivate others and who will own, cultivate, and grow the GIS ecosystem within their defined region. You’ll lead teams that help our customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and solutions hidden within complex business problems.
- Be a strategic leader. Act as the key representative for our State & Local Government business in the region. Ensure execution of region-specific business development strategy that aligns with organizational objectives and state and local government sales initiatives. Meet sales goals and hit growth targets by establishing sector sales objectives and accurate revenue forecasts.
- Empower your team. Direct sales activities and staff through effective coaching, supporting, and strategically participating in all stages of the sales process. Staff the office to strategically support regional demands and opportunities.
- Understand our customers. Recognize user requirements, criticisms, ideas, and new opportunities and share them across teams and cross-functional units. Take an active role in regional industry events including keynotes, community building, crucial customer engagements, etc.
- Cultivate our culture. Maintain Esri culture, business ethics, and work standards for all office staff. Stay connected and engaged with Esri headquarters and other regional offices to ensure best practices, engagement strategies, and business initiatives are being observed and promoted.
- Build relationships. Identify and cultivate relationships with key professionals and regional business partners to advance the application of GIS. Dynamically engage and support our user communities, including academics and universities.
- 5+ years of experience managing and coaching a sales team
- 3+ years of successful sales and account management experience in a SaaS environment, focused on selling enterprise software solutions to large public-sector organizations and government entities.
- Ability to effectively translate knowledge of the public sector and new technology trends into real solutions for customers
- Proven ability to develop an annual strategic plan and solution offerings and execute for market with increase in revenue
- Understanding of GIS, the ArcGIS platform, and the public sector as they relate to one another
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Excellent presentation, whiteboarding, and negotiation skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in business administration, business management, geography, GIS, or a related field (MBA preferred), or equivalent work experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top