Sr. Software Developer - ArcGIS Pro
Are you a talented C#/.NET developer? Do you have a passion for solving development problems for complex systems? Apply your skills to develop desktop capabilities for ArcGIS, which allows our users to create, curate, and publish indoor maps. Your work will help professionals from a wide range of industries carry out critical data analysis and map production tasks. You will be part of a team that influences lasting contributions for communities with the software code you create.
- Develop excellent software that extends the capabilities of the ArcGIS platform
- Build software components using a variety of programming languages (C#, .NET, WPF, Python, etc.) that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Work closely with other developers to design and develop quality APIs that scale to millions of users
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Object oriented design skills
- Basic knowledge of cloud platforms and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience with RESTful web services, distributed systems, and cloud computing
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
- Working knowledge of data storage strategies including SQL (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL alternatives (e.g., Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc.)
- All the other important things that will help you be successful at Esri-good communication skills and the ability to thrive in an environment that encourages innovation
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level (master's preferred)
- Experience with GIS and web services
- Expertise with Microsoft technology (Visual Studio, TFS, SQL Server)
- Familiarity with API development, performance tuning, system scalability
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top