Sr Enterprise Security Architect
Use your information security expertise in this exciting opportunity! Provide technical leadership for enterprise security architecture, engineering, and implementation. This role is action and solution oriented with an emphasis on architecting security solutions that enable Esri to meet business goals as well as customer and regulatory requirements.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, researching information security standards, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments, studying architecture/platform, and identifying integration issues and developing solutions
- Collaborate with business and IT staff to understand strategic business and application requirements
- Develop comprehensive and holistic enterprise security architectures that will effectively scale and support regulatory and legal business requirements
- Perform complex product evaluations and drive secure implementation of solutions
- Validate and test complex security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies
- Provide complex technical oversight and enforcement of security directives, policies, standards, plans, and procedures
- Develop project documentation including statements of work, detailed project plans, architecture designs, detailed implementation plans, deployment plans, project test plans, and operational training material
- Identify technology risks and independently evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of complex information technology controls across IT infrastructure, cloud services, networks, and security support systems
- Maintain knowledge regarding industry trends, current security issues, and security technologies to update management and manage risks that could impact company business
- Perform consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements
- Develop and support self-service security/compliance tools that enable network, database, application, and other engineers in the cloud and within our on-premise infrastructure
- 7+ years of experience in enterprise security architecture including security architecture review and design experience
- Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance, and reliability
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization, and security
- Strong expertise in systems (servers, operating systems, virtualization, and storage infrastructure) and networking technologies (communication protocols, network infrastructure)
- Strong leadership, project, and team building skills including the capability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives by working effectively with others, with a demonstrated ability to work cross-departmentally
- Team oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment; a strong collaborator who is willing to share ideas, build documentation, and implement best practices
- Conceptual and analytical thinker; ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies from customers and IT team members
- Knowledge of cloud services, FISMA/FEDRAMP and NIST 800-53 control implementation, ISO 27000, and other industry standard frameworks
- Understanding of OWASP top 10 and strategies and methodologies to protect web applications
- Bachelor’s in computer science or information security (master's preferred)
- Security industry certification (i.e., CISSP, CISA, CISM, SANS)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Marcella C.Director, Digital Sales
Marcella helps customers understand Esri technology and how it can help them solve their problems. She ensures they choose the right mix of software, services, and training for their specific needs.
Back to top