Sr. Consultant - Land Administration
- Vienna, VA
Utilize your strong GIS technical skills and land administration domain expertise to work across Esri to lead global land administration activities. You will develop new business, establish best practices for implementing Esri's enterprise platform, and lead engagements, from small technology transfer support to large enterprise implementations of mission-critical systems.
ArcGIS is a location platform that connects people with maps, data, and apps that are accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime. It is used by Fortune 500 companies, national and local governments, public utilities, tech start-ups, and other organizations around the world.
Our Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: enable user success, broaden the impact of GIS, and push our technology platform to make it better.
While we have an office located in Vienna, VA (just outside of Washington DC), we are open to other locations as well.
- Be a thought leader: Advise customers regarding innovative solutions using Esri technology and content to help them make better decisions. Recommend relevant strategies, architectures, and solutions and work with customers to prepare implementation and migration strategies.
- Understand our customers and know their business: Help foster a sense of community among industry and public sector leaders in land administration. Be familiar with the overall mission and operations of national/state/local land administration organizations including knowledge of common goals and initiatives, procurement cycles, and business processes.
- Engage with our customers: Discover the value of location within customer workflows and drive substantial return on their investment in Esri's enterprise platform and services by creating outstanding proposals and winning work with strategic customers. Regularly engage, collaborate, and facilitate with land administration customers and external teams and stakeholders.
- Develop and grow business: Provide business development support toward technology and implementation patterns with new and existing customers. Collaborate with Esri practice managers and marketing and sales teams to develop new business and be part of actively shaping the future of land administration through your work on cutting-edge projects and technology trends.
- Effectively manage complex technology projects and programs: Use your consulting and project management skills to lead virtual teams during all phases of implementation including requirements, analysis, design, build/configuration, and deployment. Manage scope, schedule, and budget to provide our customers and strategic partners with meaningful solutions.
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administering enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, online, mobile) for land administration organizations
- Domain knowledge in land administration, including land standards, guidelines and policy, land tenure, land valuation, land development
- Experience working with land administration organizations at all levels of government - national, state, local
- Knowledge of and experience with complementary technologies and business partners and how these may be leveraged to support enterprise land administration systems
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate and translate a customer's business goals, objectives, and strategies into technical plans and solutions
- Self-motivated, a proactive problem solver, team-oriented, and creative
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, multi-tasking, and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to learn - you must thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Ability to travel 25%+ of the time (US and international)
- Bachelor's, master's, or PhD in a relevant field, depending on position level
- Knowledge of and experience with software engineering and/or robust application development principles and practices
- Experience with ArcGIS, location-based services, geo-enabled apps, spatial analytics, or similar geospatial technology
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud computing architecture
- GISP and/or PMP certification
- Working proficiency in French, Spanish, or Mandarin
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top