Are you prepared to munch, crunch, and digest spatial data before breakfast? We’re looking for a talented data engineer to integrate spatial data into our geocoding products and solutions.
This is an opportunity to work with massive spatial data from both commercial and open sources. You’ll be asked to master data specifications, automate processes for acquiring and loading spatial datasets, transform those datasets into normalized data models, and work with product teams to ensure continuous quality improvements driven by the best available content.
If data is “your thing,” consider this position where you can contribute to making geocoding successful for the ArcGIS platform.
- Download, prepare, and run scripts to load data into spatial databases on regular intervals
- Review specifications and data changes; adjust scripts and processes where necessary
- Write, maintain, and test Python and SQL scripts for data processing and loading
- Evaluate new data sources for quality and attribution to support product requirements
- Intermediate to advanced experience developing Python scripts or tools
- Experience writing scripts to perform advanced queries, joins, use cursors, and performing spatial operations in MS SQL
- Experience creating stored procedures for optimizing common tasks and operations
- Intermediate to advanced experience working with large normalized databases
- Experience transforming data from flat to normalized databases
- Ability to read data product specifications and translate into database models and tables
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks as needed in a fast-paced work environment
- A keen attention to detail and drive to resolve any issues encountered
- Bachelor's, master’s, or Ph.D. in computer science, information systems, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience working with ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS geoprocessing
- Prior experience with geocoding, geocoding data, or address data
- Experience working with commercial data from data vendors
- Experience working with open-source spatial data
- Prior experience with ETL workflows
- Knowledge of Agile software development using Scrum
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top