Spatial Analyst Product Engineer - Atmospheric Science
Do you have a passion for integrating your knowledge of meteorology, climatology, or atmospheric science with the power of GIS? Become a member of the Spatial Analyst team and help us advance the capabilities of the powerful ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension, which is used to solve complex spatial analytical and modeling problems. You will help us create tools and workflows to integrate observed and modeled atmospheric and oceans data into GIS analytical workflows. We’re looking for a passionate, experienced individual to help us improve and expand our capabilities in the areas of weather, climate, and oceans.
- Establish and define customer requirements, translating them into functional requirements, product improvements, and new software design
- Ensure a rich GIS user experience by testing individual functionality, user interfaces, workflows, and application programming interfaces for GIS programmers
- Design and develop test plans and test cases, write test code, and execute and analyze tests to support and enhance overall product quality
- Author technical documents, write blogs, and create various learning materials for GIS users
- More experienced individuals will:
- Help define the product vision and roadmap for future releases
- Provide leadership to team members
- Strong background in meteorology, climatology, or atmospheric science
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Minimum of one year of programming experience (Python preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Proven ability to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum guidance
- Self-motivated and passionate about making a difference
- All the other important things that will help you be successful at Esri--good communication skills, a team player who can also fly solo, and the ability to thrive in an environment that changes often
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. in environmental science, engineering, geography, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with ArcGIS or other geospatial technology
- Experience with solving real-world problems in industry or in an academic setting
- Familiarity with software development and testing
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top