Solutions Product Engineer - Utility Information Models
Are you interested in driving the next generation of spatial data models and service architecture for utilities and telecommunications organizations? We are looking for someone to lead the evolution of ArcGIS utility network data models for electric, gas, water, sewer, storm water, and telecommunications networks.
As a member of the ArcGIS Solutions team, you will be responsible for applying utility network concepts to best represent the components and functions of a variety of resource collection and distribution networks. This includes developing conceptual, logical, and physical information models; testing models against new software updates; updating models to leverage future software capabilities; creating and maintaining metadata; developing web service-based architecture; interacting with Esri customers to capture requirements; and sharing knowledge on how to use information models.
You will be working with existing software as well as researching and developing new and cutting-edge methods to better model, implement, and share utility networks.
- Work with our user community to define requirements and industry best practices
- Develop and curate data models that support utility operations using the Utility Network for ArcGIS
- Define the service architecture to interact with utility information
- Build industry standard cartography
- Define baseline maps for information products and data management
- Develop standard applications for using and maintaining utility information
- Configure ETL tools to aid in user data migration
- Maintain sample data highlighting best practices
- Document specification of model
- Design workflows demonstrating use of information model
- Create and execute test plans
- 2+ years of experience in data modeling
- 2+ years of experience with ArcGIS
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical presenting and interacting with colleagues across organizations
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- 1+ years of experience in electric, gas, water, sewer, storm water, or telecommunications
- 1+ years of experience with Python and/or Safe Software FME
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise (Server)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top